Saturday, July 19, 2008

Book of songs

I found a small book
at Fact ‘n’ Fiction
one day.

A book of songs.

It has songs of all kinds.
Songs that make you
laugh
but sad
at the same time.

There are songs
full of anxiety
and desire,
of freedom
and longing.

Some songs are like smells
sweet but strong.

Or like the breeze
that touches your eyes lashes gently
and blows just
before it pours madness from
Thick
grey clouds.

Some are like paintings
I can’t paint.

There are more songs than
I can talk about,
In more shades than I can see
in a lifetime,
I tell myself
as I slip the book
back
into its shelf.

A few songs is
all you need.

I hope I can keep coming
back to it.


July 19, 2008

2 comments:

shobita said...

very, very nice. really. pls write more such poems!

Anjali said...

Loved this one Jatin. Yes, a few songs are all you need but they are indeed necessary for survival, aren't they? I don't know what I'd do but for those songs to which I keep going back and that play in the mind all day long.
Thanks for underlining that.

Anjali